Personal Twitter Page *sometimes Explicit*

iNVASION

Share this page!!

Monday, January 17, 2011

New Beginnings


Life is like a good sauce...


 Linguine with Bolognese

The next couple of weeks, I'll keep sticking with SAUCES and FUSION...  I'll be building flavors, trying new sauces and teaching anyone willing to listen how to eat healthy, without sacrificing flavor and money!! 


Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year... All done with and past.. a new year is upon us and things are starting to look brighter in this house..   Chandra got me an amazing cookbook for Christmas: 500 Best-Ever Recipes, Mediterranean...  

Simply amazing!  I LOVE this cookbook.. I have only made a few recipes out of this cookbook, but the possibilities seem endless!  I cannot WAIT to try a few of these... But, for tonight... re-launch night... I wanted to make something special, something I have ALWAYS wanted to make.. and sure enough, the recipe was right in here.  Bolognese is NOT spaghetti sauce.. repeat.. NOT spaghetti sauce or a common red sauce...  you build it's flavors, it takes time to do this...

 (TIME, LOTS... set aside 4 hrs MINIMUM, I only just started to understand why at about hour 3 and 4, then left it to go 5 hours.. and you might too if you follow along..)   Away we go:

Yep.... I see it there too.. it says Tagliatelle...   We had Linguine on hand, so I went with that... I still really would love a pasta press, but I am holding out for a decent one so I can create all pastas... so, until then... we had Linguine, and being that this is Bolognese, meh, it pairs well with it... 

[ NOTE: Make sure to view ALL pictures in their larger versions for the exact recipe.. I'm not going to be re-typing the recipes... give credit where credit is due]

 
 Follow them very carefully..  I mis-read the wine amount and added 1 cup!!  If you somehow didn't read that, or this, and did that.. (lol), then simply drain and re-add what you need... simple..  

I have found that Red or White wine will work..  Red is traditional, Merlot










Step 3: MAKE SURE, the wine is GONE... you will see the soup like mixture transform into a flavor-fueled combo.. Same with the Milk, THEN simmer on LOW heat.. gas, keep it as low as it can go... Electric, between LOW and 2 on the dial...  

Mine was 5 hours to finish. it was AMAZING. NO LESS than 4 HOURS!!  It's going to be bland and NOT be a bolognese!

Step 1:
Step 2: 
 Homemade sourdough loaf for garlic bread? :)
 Mmmmmmmm!!  Quick and delicious garlic bread recipe:

Cut one clove of garlic in half (after peeling)
RUB each CUT END of garlic against bread
spread butter over bread very lightly
toast in the broiler (keep an eye out for burning, it can happen quick!!, lol as seen in picture)
I added Cheddar and Feta to our garlic bread.. worked perfectly with the sauce!


The finished sauce after 5 HOURS of simmering after the hour of prep to make it... was it worth it??? 

YES!  This was AMAZING... I've never tasted something so full of body and filling, it was delicious!!


GREAT to be back and expect MANY more recipes and stories from our life here in 2011!

CHEF Dad!

3 comments:

  1. Linguine is my favorite type of pasta to use. The veggies look delish! Did you use a white and red onion? I just love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and yes, I had a red sitting around that needed used and I thought the flavor it would add could only help... which it truly did... YUM... Even better today at lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Camellia! I will continue to push good foods to everyone! :) (and proper technique, which is SO frequently ignored!!)


    --- You may have every kitchen Aid appliance in the store, but if you don't know how to USE them.. then you wasted your money! --- Kinda my old adage here... I'll check out your blog, and follow!

    Thanks again!

    ~Chef Dad

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, I will read and respond to each and every one!